Azure Systems Engineer
Steel Root is a cybersecurity services company that specializes in compliance for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base. We’re a startup in high demand, looking for a driven individual to join our team as a Systems Engineer focusing on Microsoft cloud services (Azure and Office 365). We’re passionate about contributing daily to our positive culture, with a commitment to professional development and social responsibility. Steel Root serves a national client base from its headquarters in Salem, MA.
The Azure Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, configuring, and deploying cloud-first and hybrid environments in Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Lead the design, configuration, customization, and integration of Microsoft cloud solutions to support customer implementation and migration projects
- Develop and oversee the execution of migration plans for moving customer email, data, and server workloads to Office 365 and Azure
- Support our IT Services team as subject matter expert (SME) on Microsoft cloud services, serving as an escalation point for Tier 2/3 support issues
- Develop standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles, and customer-facing documentation for Microsoft cloud services
- Configure third-party integrations to Microsoft cloud services, including SAML SSO, third-party backup and recovery solutions, and security solutions
- Contribute to presales efforts including developing statements of work for Microsoft cloud projects
You’re a systems engineer with a cloud-first mentality and experience designing and deploying solutions in the Microsoft cloud ecosystem. You know that XaaS (Anything as a Service) is the future of IT and that the future is already here. You’re passionate about Microsoft cloud solutions for the modern workplace and have broad exposure to Azure and Office 365, including managing identity in Azure AD and device management in Endpoint Manager / Intune. And you’re ready to join a team of likeminded professionals using cloud services, zero trust architecture, and automation to help our clients achieve security and compliance.
- U.S. citizenship
- 2+ years of experience configuring and managing infrastructure and productivity solutions in the Microsoft cloud
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry, preferably including management of Windows domain environments and system administration
- Deep understanding of Office 365 services including Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, and Defender for Office 365
- Experience configuring and managing MDM/MAM with Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Experience managing identity services in Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge of security-relevant Microsoft cloud services (Azure AD Conditional Access, Security and Compliance Center, Sentinel, Azure Information Protection, PIM, DLP, MCAS, Windows Hello for Business)
- Understanding of how Microsoft cloud services interface and integrate with on-premise network and system infrastructure, including proficiency with Windows Server and Windows 10
- Familiarity with backup and recovery strategies for Office 365 and Azure
- Rich insights into the wonderful world of Office 365 licensing
- Security-first mindset and familiarity with concepts including zero trust, DevOps, configuration-as-code, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with Windows Virtual Desktop design and deployment
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure in Azure, including networking, storage accounts, Bastion Host, and virtual machines
- Exposure to compliance requirements for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base (i.e., CMMC, DFARS, NIST SP 800-171) and experience working in Azure Government and Office 365 GCC High
- Microsoft certifications including MCSA, MCSE, MCA, MCE, or role-based equivalents
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology, engineering, or related field
- Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), and cell phone stipend
- Team Human work culture
- Our customers make lasers and launch things into space
- Work with wicked smaht teammates and hone your skills in one of the hottest niches in the cybersecurity market
- Play with cool tech, work with customers that love us, and get in on the ground floor of a startup in growth mode
How to Apply
- Get to know us by reading about our services and the industries we serve, and follow us on social media (links in website footer, below).
- Then send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every application is reviewed by a real human being.
Committed to Diversity
Steel Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Steel Root will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.