Cloud Services Engineer (O365/Azure)
Steel Root is a cybersecurity services company that specializes in compliance. We’re looking for an experienced Microsoft 365 / Azure engineer for ongoing project work. This is a 1099 contractor position. You can be based anywhere in the US but must be a US Person (citizen or green card) for compliance purposes.
As an extension of our delivery team, you will serve as a subject matter expert for Microsoft Office 365, Intune, Azure AD, ADFS, and related technologies. Experience configuring security technologies in the Microsoft stack (AIP, ATP, PIM, PAM) is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and AzureAD including setup, maintenance, and best practices
- 3-5 years experience configuring and managing Office 365 tenants
- 1-5 years experience configuring and managing Enterprise Mobility Suite (Intune, AIP) and related technologies
- Excellent PowerShell skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills (e.g., design documents, procedural documentation, assessment reports)
- Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite (Exchange, Teams, SharePoint/OneDrive)
- Microsoft Intune MDM and MAM
- Microsoft Office 365 security, including ATP, OME, S/MIME, DLP, AIP/RMS, PIM/PAM, Security and Compliance Center
- Identity and Access Management, including Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, SSO, or other IAM platforms
- Familiarity with Microsoft365DSC or Azure Blueprints is an interesting plus
- Configuring new O365 tenants to support security requirements (CMMC, NIST SP 800-171)
- Deploying security/compliance features to existing tenants
- Building custom Intune policies and helping onboard clients
- Configuring Azure AD (hybrid and cloud-only deployments)
- Small migrations (tenant to tenant or on-prem to cloud)
- Evaluating existing tenants and performing security assessments
- Scoping out project work with new clients
Much of our work is with the U.S. Defense Industrial Base, so familiarity with Microsoft 365 GCC High and Azure Government is a huge plus. Working knowledge of federal security practices, including CMMC, NIST SP 800-171, NIST SP 800-53, FedRAMP, RMF, or DISA STIGs is helpful but not required.
How To Apply
- Get to know us by reading about our services and the industries we serve, and follow us on social media (links in website footer, below).
- Then send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Every application is reviewed by a real human being.