Director of IT Service Operations
Steel Root is a IT services company that specializes in compliance for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base. We’re a startup in high demand, looking for an experienced Director of IT Service Operations to build and scale a team of IT professionals. We’re passionate about contributing daily to our positive culture, with a commitment to professional development and social responsibility. Steel Root serves a national client base from its headquarters in Salem, MA.
The Director of IT Service Operations is directly responsible for the performance of the IT services delivery team, a small, multifaceted team responsible for managed services, professional services, and helpdesk. This role reports directly to the company’s Managing Partners and is critical to the company’s mission of scaling out IT services capacity in 2021.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of IT professionals to support company growth objectives
- Develop and maintain operational policies, procedures, and processes
- Deliver operational objectives through management of service delivery, team accountability and utilization, and customer satisfaction metrics
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including project scoping and execution, approvals, and customer service issues
- Effectively identify, adjust for, and communicate downstream impacts of project changes
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with team members through coaching and professional development
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of direct reports
- Contribute to the development of business strategy, budgets, forecasts, and cost management
You’re an experienced IT operations manager with a proven track record of managing an IT service delivery team. You’re adept at managing many competing responsibilities and project timelines at once, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing work environment. You love leading, inspiring, and motivating a team of talented IT professionals to deliver IT service excellence to clients.
And you’re ready for something new: joining a young, fast-growing team that challenges conventional MSP wisdom and embraces contemporary practices like SecOps, cloud-first, and zero trust.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT field
- 4+ years of experience in technology project/program management
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment and capable of motivating teams
- Proven track record of managing team projects with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience building and scaling a B2B IT service delivery team is highly preferred
- Strong background in performance management, coaching, and mentoring
- Familiar with implementing agile methodologies
- Contemporary knowledge of cloud architecture and security best practices
- Experience in procurement, vendor management, budgeting, and forecasting
- Background in ITIL and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology, engineering, or related field
- Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), and cell phone stipend
- Team Human work culture
- Our customers make lasers and launch things into space
- Work with wicked smaht teammates and hone your skills in one of the hottest niches in the cybersecurity market
- Play with cool tech, work with customers that love us, and get in on the ground floor of a startup in growth mode
How To Apply
- Get to know us by reading about our services and the industries we serve, and follow us on social media (links in website footer, below).
- Then send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Every application is reviewed by a real human being.
Committed To Diversity
Steel Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Steel Root will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.