Steel Root is an IT services company that specializes in cybersecurity for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base. We’re a startup in high demand, looking for a capable, organized, energetic, Tier 1 Support Technician to join our team. We’re passionate about contributing daily to our positive culture, with a commitment to professional development and social responsibility. Steel Root serves a national client base from its headquarters in Salem, MA.
You are upbeat and friendly and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with helping others solve problems. You have a kind, patient manner and have empathy when working with those who are less technically inclined. Your organizational skills are a force of nature, and you know how to be gently persistent when timelines are involved. You eagerly research to find your own solutions but are keenly aware when it’s time to reach out to your resources for assistance. You strongly believe that impeccable customer service is the backbone of any successful business.
The Support Technician will provide basic “Tier 1” help desk resolution ,service delivery and support for clients by responding to and resolving basic customer requests.
- Act as the first point of contact for technical issues by handling incoming phone calls and help desk tickets, prioritize and assign requests, escalating unresolved tickets to the next level of support
- Solve known issues and complete requests that involve basic troubleshooting by providing remote and limited on-site technical support
- Train and guide clients through step-by-step actions that require IT assistance
- Document, track and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution
- Maintain an organized and clean ticketing system and prepare basic reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Clearly communicate with Client Services Manager and Tier 2/3 technicians about status of open tickets and any escalations, both internal and external
- Support Windows upgrades and weekly administration of updates and security patches across our MSP software stack for client workstations and servers
- Assist in retrieving and formatting data on a cyclical schedule for our MSP software stack. Perform data entry and aggregation as required
- Actively make progress and complete assigned tasks and projects. Communicate with internal team and clients to align on expectations in order to successfully perform the tasks
- U.S. Citizenship
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and Windows desktop support
- Prior knowledge of help desk platforms and managing customer expectations
- Experience with installing and configuring hardware, and documenting infrastructure
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Juggle and keep tabs on simultaneous tasks and open support tickets
- Knowledge of basic technical infrastructure and process for escalations
- Be able to learn and apply customer success best practice guidelines
- Be empathetic, understand the customer’s perspective and priorities, and gather relevant triage details to efficiently resolve issues
- Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), and cell phone stipend
- Team Human work culture
- Our customers make lasers and launch things into space
- Work with wicked smaht teammates and hone your skills in one of the hottest niches in the cybersecurity market
- Play with cool tech, work with customers that love us, and get in on the ground floor of a startup in growth mode
How to Apply
- Get to know us by reading about our services and the industries we serve, and follow us on social media (links in website footer, below).
- Then send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Every application is reviewed by a real human being.
Committed to Diversity
Steel Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Steel Root will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.