Technical Account Manager
Steel Root is a IT services company that specializes in cybersecurity for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base. We’re a startup in high demand, looking for a talented, organized Technical Account Manager to join our team. We’re passionate about contributing daily to our positive culture, with a commitment to professional development and social responsibility. Steel Root serves a national client base from its headquarters in Salem, MA.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is an experienced IT generalist who serves as a project manager and primary point of contact for key customers. The TAM is an individual contributor and a team player, working with our internal team and customer stakeholders to guide IT decision making and ensure the successful execution of IT projects.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key customer accounts, owning IT projects from scoping through completion
- Conduct periodic (weekly or bi-weekly) calls with customer stakeholders to understand needs and requirements, recommend solutions, communicate project status, provide support, and manage customer expectations
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to design, configure, deploy, and manage systems, migrations, and IT initiatives that support customer objectives
- Develop and manage an IT roadmap for each customer, managing and executing IT projects to meet customer requirements
- Serve as an escalation point for customer service and technical support issues
- Cloud Productivity and IaaS (Microsoft Office 365 and Azure)
- Windows Server (Hyper-V, Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Networking (DHCP, DNS, firewalls, switches, wireless)
- Security (zero trust architecture and best practices)
- Build out a new Windows domain environment or clean up an existing AD environment
- Design, configure, and deploy a new small business network (firewall, VLANs, switching, wireless)
- Help a business executive why you can’t let them keep port 3389 open on the firewall and propose a secure alternative
- Plan and execute a migration to Office 365
- Build and deploy endpoint configurations using Group Policy or Intune
- Audit permissions on an on-premise file server and implement Role Based Access Control
You’re a hands-on IT generalist with broad experience planning and executing IT projects. You love designing and building systems and are confident in your ability to deliver. You work hard to understand project requirements, and your technical aptitude and creativity allows you to steer the project to completion and make the right decisions along the way. Your attention to detail is what allows you to drive several projects at once. People like you and you know how to get them to follow your lead.
- U.S. citizenship
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry
- Expertise in Windows system administration, including domain services, Windows Server, and Windows 10
- Contemporary knowledge of cloud architecture and security best practices
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals, network design, and troubleshooting
- Awareness of the IT and cybersecurity product/vendor landscape and contemporary best practices
- Highly adaptable, creative problem solver
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of managing team projects
- Independent, self-motivated, and dependable
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous customer projects
- Experience deploying and managing Microsoft cloud environments, including Azure AD, Office 365, and Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Proficiency with PowerShell, scripting, and automation techniques
- Experience in procurement, vendor management, budgeting, and forecasting
- Exposure to compliance requirements for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base (i.e., CMMC, DFARS, NIST SP 800-171)
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, and Microsoft, Linux, networking, or related certifications
- Background in ITIL and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology, engineering, or related field
- Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), and cell phone stipend
- Team Human work culture
- Our customers make lasers and launch things into space
- Work with wicked smaht teammates and hone your skills in one of the hottest niches in the cybersecurity market
- Play with cool tech, work with customers that love us, and get in on the ground floor of a startup in growth mode
How to Apply
- Get to know us by reading about our services and the industries we serve, and follow us on social media (links in website footer, below).
- Then send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every application is reviewed by a real human being.
Committed to Diversity
Steel Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Steel Root will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.